The goal of the IT Managers Community is to provide a venue for managers or supervisors to connect and network with other managers and share best practices, management skills, and information.
The group holds quarterly meetings, example topics include:
- Open forum for management questions
- IT Manager/Supervisor challenges
- Difficult conversations with staff
- Performance management/coaching
- Timely HR topics
- How to improve communication or collaboration between groups
- Collaboration on use of various manager-specific tools
- Manager-specific training, sharing training opportunities and takeaways from courses attended
IT Manager Community Membership:
Membership is open to anyone who supervises full-time IT staff and conducts performance management activities. Members of this community or OneIT Leaders may sponsor others who do not currently supervise full-time staff to attend.
- Dave Ambrisco - ITS Human Resources
- David Long - Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology
- Jamie Matthews - ITS Help Desk
- Matt McLaughlin - College of Engineering, Computer Services