The UI Support Community for Instructional Technology (SCIT) group meets twice a semester, and provides a venue for anyone who works with instructional technology at the University of Iowa to connect with one another on best practices, emerging trends, and new instructional technology. These technologies include ICON, lecture capture, digital media, student response systems, and other technologies used for instruction. Meetings are announced on http://its.uiowa.edu/training as well as the OTLT-INSTRUCTIONAL-TECH-UPDATES listserv.
See a list of all enterprise instructional technology tools here.
The SCIT Core Team, comprised of representation from central and distributed IT, meets once a month to go over updates on software, strategy for new or large changes in software, and to offer feedback on timing of upgrades and communication. One instructional support person is appointed by the Collegiate IT Director to take part in the Core Team.
Ray Bennett, College of Public Health
Peter Franke, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Ellen Jones, University Libraries
Ron Kral, Distance and Online Education
Shannon Manley, Carver College of Medicine
Sampada Mhatre, College of Nursing
Viki Mueller, College of Dentistry
Evans Ochola, College of Education
Jeff Reuter, Tippie College of Business
Sarah Williams, College of Engineering
Peter Yohe, College of Pharmacy
The SCIT Event Team is charged with organizing and planning the community meetings twice a semester.
- Attendance is open to all UI people using or supporting instructional technology
2019-20 SCIT Event Planning Team:
- Kirk Batterson - Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ray Bennett - College of Public Health - email@example.com
- Vicky Maloy - Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Viki Mueller - College of Dentistry - email@example.com
- Amy Oberfoell- Distance and Online Education - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Yohe - College of Pharmacy - email@example.com