The UI Support Community for Instructional Technology (SCIT) group meets monthly to provide a venue for anyone who works with instructional technology at the University of Iowa to connect with one another on best practices, emerging trends, and new instructional technology. These technologies include ICON, lecture capture, digital media, student response systems, and other technologies used for instruction. Meetings are announced on http://its.uiowa.edu/training as well as the OTLT-INSTRUCTIONAL-TECH-UPDATES listserv.
See a list of all enterprise instructional technology tools here.
The SCIT Core Team, comprised of representation from central and distributed IT, meets once a month to go over updates on software, strategy for new or large changes in software, and to offer feedback on timing of upgrades and communication. One instructional support person is appointed by the Collegiate IT Director to take part in the Core Team.
- Ray Bennett, College of Public Health
- Daniel Bermudez, College of Law
- Ellen Jones, University Libraries
- Ron Kral, Distance and Online Education
- Ed Nealson, Carver College of Medicine
- Sampada Mhatre, College of Nursing
- Liz Montag, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Viki Mueller, College of Dentistry
- Evans Ochola, College of Education
- Jeff Reuter, Tippie College of Business
- Sarah Williams, College of Engineering
- Peter Yohe, College of Pharmacy
The SCIT Event Team is charged with organizing and planning the community meetings.
Attendance is open to all UI people using or supporting instructional technology
2022-2023 SCIT Event Planning Team:
- Kirk Batterson - Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology
- Vicky Maloy - Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology
- Viki Mueller - College of Dentistry
- Holly Soboroff - Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology
- Peter Yohe - College of Pharmacy