The goals, objectives and responsibilities of this group support the recommendations from the assessment that was completed in January 2010. The actions and responsibilities of the group will:
- Increase awareness of instructional technology opportunities and activities
- Encourage appropriate collaborations between instructional technology providers across campus
- Provide a forum for understanding the correct balance between central and local support
- Define and develop metrics for assessing effective use of instructional technology
- Support development of robust instructional technology systems and services
The group will meet at least six times per year, but preferably monthly. A small, active Core Team will be created who will meet regularly to develop a structure for communication, facilitate agendas and meetings, and maintain notes and other necessary documents for the group. The Core Team will also be responsible for identifying appropriate membership and for managing membership lists.